Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Just Another Day


On Friday, my Stella cat first woke me around 4:30. Fortunately, she came with a snooze button and I managed to get another hour of dozing by rubbing her head every time she meowed at me. Then I got up and gave her breakfast before showering and getting my own breakfast.
I drove to work, watched my students sing on the stage, and then calmed them down enough to study earthquakes and volcanoes before reading a story about crocodiles collecting rocks and reflections. We wrote another page in our autobiographies, ate lunch, had recess, and played with calculators. After the students left, I sat at my desk and graded papers before filling out my planbook for the coming week.
I left work around 4:30, and headed home to grade a few more papers before going to Pizzeria Uno with my son for dinner. Back home, I graded another handful of papers while we watched TV until 11:00. Then I headed up to bed.
It was just another day…
…6 years from the day I was diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment