Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

There's so much to be thankful for this year!

First, of course, that Grammy's been set free.

Second, that the goose has grown into such a gentleman. This morning he went over to Grammy's, packed another bag of books and brought them home. Now he's off running errands for his dad before he joins them for Thanksgiving dinner.

Third, family -- Mom and Dad are home for a time. The house is full of voices and laughter and deep theological discussions again -- so much better than the quiet droning of the tv.
We also had an unexpected invitation to dinner to replace our anticipated last minute scramble to create our own little thanksgiving feast.

Fourth, the books. Grammy loved the written word as much as I do,  and now that she doesn't need her books anymore, they're merging with my own. Two of the four walls in my library will now be lined with books...

And fifth, my friends. So many have stepped up with encouraging words, offers of help, and an edible fruit arrangement. One drove out to Wenham to bring my son home, another visited me late at night by Grammy's bedside with physical and spiritual nourishment, another sat with me at home and baked gluten-free cookies while I waited for my Mom and Dad.

Oh, Abba -- thank You for the blessings You shower down upon us daily. Keep my eyes open to see You working. Keep my heart open to let You work through me for others. Keep being You in a world that needs You so badly.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment