Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Georgia or Bust

After I got my car all packed for my road trip, I went through each room of the house trying to figure out what important item I'd forgotten. I never did find that illusive item, but there on the floor by my bed was a quarter. I hesitated a moment, before reaching down to see what was on its back -- Georgia.
I posted my destination on facebook, then headed off.

My first and last stop on every road trip is Pennsylvania, where I stop in to visit with a dear friend. I always leave there refreshed -- emotionally and spiritually. We spent hours sharing, laughing, and, of course, eating a wide variety of yummy desserts. This time around, we also spent a lot of time side by side on our matching Toshibas working on our doctoral coursework. She's a year ahead of me -- and she'll be my hope that I can do this.

When I was finally able to drag myself out of that safe spot, I headed south -- through Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North and South Carolina. I visited the US Army Heritage and Education Center, drove along skyline drive in the Shenandoah Valley, took lots of pictures, and ate a lot of snacks. Then last night I met my first goal and arrived in Georgia where I'm hanging out with a friend from boarding school in Africa.  Tomorrow we're having breakfast with another friend. That's a seventh of my graduating class!

It's amazing the neat ways God works. From a misplaced quarter on the floor by my bed, to revisiting old friendships and bringing them into the future.
Time to find another quarter...
(By the way, I forgot my pillow.)



1 comment:

  1. Spectacular! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your friends! xo

    ReplyDelete