Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Road Trip

Yesterday I began my road trip.
I got up early, after staying up late packing, and began loading up my car with food, clothes, and other supplies. I was a bit nervous (aka, stomach-aching afraid) that I was making the wrong decision. Should I really be driving off alone across the country again? Maybe I should be staying home and getting the house clean for Mom and Dad's return. Or working on my doctoral studies. Or... Finally I stilled, sat on the couch and asked Abba, "Is it ok that I'm going on this trip?" But then I was up and off before He'd answered. I had to get the car packed before the first service at church...
As I was rearranging the supplies in my car, working around the knot in my stomach, I slowly became aware of the steady stream of conversation my neighbor was keeping up with her dog. In a calm, steady, love-filled voice, she was saying, "...You're stressing out too much. It's no big deal. What are you stressing out for? You're stressing out too much..."
And I got it. Again. 
And I relaxed.

I made it through Connecticut (stopped at Dinosaur State Park), New York and New Jersey bumper to bumper traffic, and into Pennsylvania. Now I'm hanging out with a dear friend, her husband and daughter, and, of course, our Abba.

Dinosaur State Park


1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip, Monica! I am so happy to hear that you are able to spend time with Erica - I wish I could be there too!

    Isn't amazing the way God speaks to us.

    xo Tracy

    ReplyDelete