Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day Seven

Due to technical difficulties, this morning's post is going up now. I did end up riding my bike at Arches. :-)

I love sitting on a KOA porch swing. I'm here, slowly swinging, before most of the campers have woken up. There are a couple of bleary eyed people meandering to the bathroom, but everything else has the feeling of a ghost town.

Today is day seven. But it's not a day of rest. Today I'll be riding my bicycle through Arches National Park.

Day five was spent meandering my way to Boulder where I reconnected with my cousin and his wife. The morning of day six was spent hiking on a mountain, and then curling up in a comfy chair and working on my book. Then we went out to eat, and they sent me off with a cooler full of fried chicken and potato salad.

From there I drove through the Rockies. In a thunderstorm. With a minimum speed limit of 55.
 Ok, ok, no one was actually driving that fast in the storm and I never actually heard any thunder - just lots of heavy rain and lightning. The tunnels under the mountains made for some peaceful driving. It was a bit of white knuckle driving -- but when you come through the storm you're left with the feeling 'if I can do that, I can do anything.'

I got to my KOA just before eight. Enjoyed some fried chicken, did a little writing, then went to bed. I'm getting very close to halfway through my road trip budget. Time to start planning the trip home. Through Houston.

After I ride my bike in Arches.

No comments:

Post a Comment