Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday for so many reasons. It's the first day of vacation, it's an I-can-stay-in-pj's-all-day-if-i-want-to-day, and it's the day we remember that Great Sacrifice made on our behalf. Jesus, the Christ, allowed himself to be crucified for my sins so that One Day I can wear His robes of Righteousness in Joyous Eternity.

My second graders would be complaining about all of the capital letters I used in that paragraph. Names only, Miss Nelson. Proper nouns are names.
Yes, little ones, they are. But sometimes we need to emphasize the very important words.

Great Sacrifice, One Day, Righteousness, Joyous Eternity.

On the sad days, I cling to those words.
On the happy days, I dance in the unfathomable knowledge that that day will be even better than this one...

And this one is pretty good.

My book is all formatted and off with a friend of a friend for its final edit. It's Almost Done!
I'm on vacation, resting, refreshing, and gearing up for the last leg of the 2013-2014 school year.
And, I'm checking out airline prices to book a trip. We're still praying about it, but it looks like I'm going to swing out to Africa and help bring my parents home. :-)

Please pray with me for the logistics of the trip - that the details fall into place, that the journey goes safely, that I can wait patiently... Oh, and pray about the book, too. It's been a long time in the making. I'm excited to be at this stage. Almost seven years since diagnosis! I've said it before, and it hope I never stop saying it: Thank You for walking this path with me.

Be sure you also take a moment to walk with the One Who gave His All for You today.

No comments:

Post a Comment