Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Last day -- or not...


Today I got up super early in the morning (8:00) and got showered and ready for the big day – my last day of vacation (I mean, sick leave…). My morning routine was briefly interrupted by a Rhode Island police officer who was doing a background check on one of my neighbors – (they really do hold the badge up in your face as you open the door, just like in the movies...) – but I still made it out the door and to the hospital only five minutes late. Of course, I was over fifteen minutes late to my appointment after the search for a parking spot.

The nurse saw me quickly (as in both, there was little wait to see her, and I only saw her for a couple of minutes before I was out the door and on my way home again).  She pulled off a couple of adhesives, made faces at my retelling of my chat with the on-call doc, told me that blisters are not normal and to come in next time, and then wrote me a note adding another week onto my vacation.  Everything is healing nicely. I just need to keep resting and let it keep healing nicely.

I stopped at Walmart on the way home to restock on a couple of munchies (and I grabbed a bag of salad just in case I get tired of the microwave food). Then ate some chicken and did some dishes, before collapsing back onto my couch with my pile of books.

I miss my little ones and my classroom, but I was so amazingly grateful to collapse back onto my couch. I might just sleep for the next week…

No comments:

Post a Comment