Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Waking Dream


I had a waking dream the other day. I was kneeling by my bed trying to pray and my mind began to wander…

I had a mental picture of millions of people in a great throne room, all kneeling and still. “In that day every knee shall bow” flew gently through my mind. 
Then, as I knelt with the multitude, I noticed Jesus walking through, playing a Heavenly game of Seven-up. Gently tapping some on the shoulder, or resting his hand upon their head, but walking right by most.

Then he stepped up to me and rested His hand on my head as he joyfully said, “You’re a friend. Come with me and enter paradise.” 
I rose joyously but I looked around at all those left kneeling with their heads hanging down – for the first time I looked around not proudfully, but sorrowfully.

“Abba – is there any way? Is there anything I can do to bring these people, too?” I asked.
He turned back and looked at me with such deep sorrow in His loving eyes. “It’s a shame you didn’t ask me that while you all still walked the Earth.”

He turned from me, but still held me by the hand and drew me toward the door.
I left the throne room with tears streaming from my eyes – but as I stepped into Paradise He turned back to me and wiped every tear away before leading me forward into unconditional, uncompromised, unending Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment