Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

We Have Hope


Halfway through my plate of gluten free crackers and apple slices, I got the call – 2 hour delay. We have a new superintendent and the call came later than usual. I’m already up, showered, dressed – too late to go back to bed, and too slippery to head in to school just yet.
So I guess now is as good a time as any to sit down with a nub of pencil and a scrap of paper.
Yesterday was Grammy’s memorial service. And it was beautiful.
So many great stories of who she was and what she did.
So much laughter. So much Hope.
And a little bit of letting go.
Today –
Well, today’s a new start.
With a smile in my eyes, and a deep joy in my heart, I’m stepping forward…
___   ___   ___   ___
When I ripped this paper out of my notebook, I found another, folded page tucked in underneath it. It was a letter that I’d written to a friend, but apparently never sent. I thought I’d share part of it with you.
“I just wanted you to know that I prayed for you today. I sat down with Abba and told Him about your excitement for His creation, for His loved ones. And I thank Him for creating you…. And then I told Him you weren’t feeling well. Though, of course, He already knows that. He knows every detail of your life – your deepest thoughts, your strongest fears, what makes you smile, what you dream about at night.
And He loves you – so much more than your mind or heart will ever be able to understand.
Cling to that. Cling to Him. He’s the only thing that lasts. Pain will fade. Sorrow will be banished. Life will be good again. Cling to that.”
In this broken, upside-down, heart wrenching world, we do have Hope.
Cling to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment