Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Out of the Darkness

I wear a bracelet that says "out of the darkness."

It's a reminder.
A reminder of a pain I hope I never have to bear.
A friend of mine lost her middle son to suicide.
He was lost in a darkness he thought he couldn't bear.

And as I pondered this pain of losing a cherished son
And fought with God over my own
I finally came to the place where I let go.

Abba - Your will be done.
Whatever may come.
Would I take that pain so my dear friend didn't have to?
Father, Your will be done.
Whatever may come.

Then came that oh-so-obvious realization.
My Abba felt that pain.
My Abba lost His cherished only son to the darkness.
But only for a moment,
A horrible three day long moment.
Then He rose from the dead
To lead us all
Out of the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment