Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I have a simple New Year's Resolution this year. It's not to exercise more, or to lose weight. It's not to eat less chocolate or more fiber. It's not even to be nicer to my fellow man. It's simply to simplify my life. To wrap all of my mixed up, random, chaotic plans into one simple goal: To find God.

Abba -- I want to find You and cling to You.
And to lose me in the process (at least, all the selfish, needy parts of me)
I want to choose daily to trust You. 
Which means depend on You. Obey You. And stop making contingency plans.
You are sufficient for me and You love me.
That's always such a humbling comfort -- to come back to that truth:

That the Great Omniscient All-powerful You
loves the insignificant, sinful, foolish me.
And that gives me great worth.
I am valuable because I am valued by the inventor of time and space.
In a universe of gas giants and black holes I am significant.
I am unique.
I am carefully crafted to meet a gaping need in a broken world.
If I cling to You.

1 comment: